Our next CFUG meeting will be Tuesday, May 12 - 12:30 at Hamilton College in Clinton NY. Hope to see you there!
This meeting will take place in Taylor Science Center Room G041 - directions below.
Pete Freitag will go over CommandBox by Ortus Solutions
What is CommandBox you ask?
From the Ortus Solutions Site.
CommandBox is a standalone, native tool for Windows, Mac, and Linux that will provide you with a Command Line Interface (CLI) for developer productivity, tool interaction, package management, embedded CFML server, application scaffolding, and some sweet ASCII art. It seamlessly integrate to work with any of our *Box products but it is also open for extensibility for any ColdFusion (CFML) project as it is also written in ColdFusion (CFML) using our concepts of CommandBox Commands. It tightly integrates with our contribution community; ForgeBox, so developers can share modules world-wide.
If anyone has something they'd like to present at the next meetings please let Jim or Pete know. You can do the multiple topic (shorter) topics or the full length topic, either would be great! Or if you have any ideas about topics you would like to see discussed that would be welcome as well.
Next month We will explore various ways to populate a list.
This meeting will be a comparison of some different ways to accomplish this basic task. jQuery and ajax using cf. Then angular using a cf generated JSON packet, then handlebars templates using cf generated JSON. We'll wrap up using some local storage to drive the display.
Jim and Pete
Directions to Hamilton College:
1. From Utica: Take Rt. 5 W to Rt. 233.
2. Take Rt. 233 S.
3. After 2.3 miles, take right onto College Hill Rd. (at blinking red light)
4. After .5 miles, take right onto Campus Rd.
5. After .2 miles, take left onto Loop Rd. (if you pass the golf course you've gone too far).
6. Just ahead you'll see the Field House parking lot on your right. Park here.
1. Take Thruway Exit 32
2. Turn right after the toll booths onto Cider Street.
3. Turn left onto Route 233 S.
4. After 5.2 miles, take right onto College Hill Rd. (at blinking red light)
5. After .5 miles, take right onto Campus Rd.
6. After .2 miles, take left onto Loop Rd. (if you pass the golf course you've gone too far).
7. Just ahead you'll see the Field House parking lot on your right. Park here.
Getting to Taylor Science Center G041
1. Follow sidewalk next to Field House/Squash Courts along the building up to the loop at the entrance to the science building.
2. Enter the science building and go straight on the main floor.
3. Turn right at the first main hallway (no doors).
4. G041 will be on your left a few doors down.
Hope to see everyone there!
We are looking for speakers and or topics for future meetings if you have something - a tool, code, overview - you'd like to present let us know!