Our next CFUG meeting will be Tuesday, July 14th - 12:30 at Hamilton College in Clinton NY. Hope to see you there!
This meeting will take place in Taylor Science Center Room G041 - directions below.
ColdFusion Turns 20 - ColdFusion 1.0 was released in July 1995, so we will be celebrating that at our July meeting. Adobe will be sponsoring lunch and providing SWAG. You are welcome to share your story of how and when you got started with ColdFusion.
We will also be discussing language enhancements in ColdFusion 11.
Directions to Hamilton College:
1. From Utica: Take Rt. 5 W to Rt. 233.
2. Take Rt. 233 S.
3. After 2.3 miles, take right onto College Hill Rd. (at blinking red light)
4. After .5 miles, take right onto Campus Rd.
5. After .2 miles, take left onto Loop Rd. (if you pass the golf course you've gone too far).
6. Just ahead you'll see the Field House parking lot on your right. Park here.
1. Take Thruway Exit 32
2. Turn right after the toll booths onto Cider Street.
3. Turn left onto Route 233 S.
4. After 5.2 miles, take right onto College Hill Rd. (at blinking red light)
5. After .5 miles, take right onto Campus Rd.
6. After .2 miles, take left onto Loop Rd. (if you pass the golf course you've gone too far).
7. Just ahead you'll see the Field House parking lot on your right. Park here.
Getting to Taylor Science Center G041
1. Follow sidewalk next to Field House/Squash Courts along the building up to the loop at the entrance to the science building.
2. Enter the science building and go straight on the main floor.
3. Turn right at the first main hallway (no doors).
4. G041 will be on your left a few doors down.
Hope to see everyone there!
Next month We will explore various ways to populate a list.
This meeting will be a comparison of some different ways to accomplish this basic task. jQuery and ajax using cf. Then angular using a cf generated JSON packet, then handlebars templates using cf generated JSON. We'll wrap up using some local storage to drive the display.
If anyone has something they'd like to present at the next meetings please let Jim or Pete know. You can do the multiple topic (shorter) topics or the full length topic, either would be great! Or if you have any ideas about topics you would like to see discussed that would be welcome as well.
Jim and Pete
We are looking for speakers and or topics for future meetings if you have something - a tool, code, overview - you'd like to present let us know!